Stir fry meals are a staple in my house and this recipe is an easy way to incorporate prawns into your weekly diet. Change the flavour combinations or use different vegetables for variety each time you make it. A delicious and healthy dish!
Click here to download the Garlic Prawn Stir Fry recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 450g frozen prawns (defrosted in the fridge overnight) OR fresh prawns if you can get them, tails and veins removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic (approx. 3 small cloves)
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add defrosted prawns (season with salt and pepper) for about 10 minutes until heated through, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli, carrot and capsicum to the pan and cook until softening (approx. 7 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger to vegetables and cook for another minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornflour, lime juice, brown sugar and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using).
- Add sauce to pan and toss to coat vegetables. Return prawns to pan and heat through.
- Divide into bowls or serve over steamed rice or noodles.
- Use any vegetables that you have on hand, e.g. zucchini, cauliflower, bok choy, corn etc. all work well.
- Serve as is or with rice/noodles.
- Use pre-minced ginger and garlic for convenience.
- Recipe also works well with tofu, chicken, firm fish or beef strips in place of prawns.
See more healthy seafood recipes below
More articles to read next
Announcing the integratedliving Team’s Award Winners for 2023
Meet a few of the outstanding team members taking great care of clients, carers and families while upholding integratedliving's core values and principles.