0472 871 923
- Reference Number:
- Closing Date:
- 28 January 2018
Be a part of our “embracing life” culture to support and empower our elderly and disabled customers to stay
integratedliving is a leading community services provider with an innovative and customer centric approach. We are committed to delivering exceptional health and wellbeing outcomes for our regional, rural and remote customers.
We are currently looking to employ a casual Support Worker come Handyperson to work inÂ the Forster area.Â Â The successfulÂ applicant will provide quality consumerÂ directed care in the delivery of support work alongside maintenance and gardening services, working with the elderly within the community.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
Our Support Worker/Handyperson carry out a variety of different tasks, including, but not limited to:
- lawn mowing and edges including gardening – pruning, weeding, trimming branches
- waste removal, gurney paths and driveways, cleaning windows, gutters and ceiling fans
- general handy duties i.e. changing tap washers and basic carpentry
- Assisting with ADL’s â€“ including showering, grooming, dressing, feeding.
- General household cleaning
- Transport assistance
- Meal preparation
- Social support
Skills and experience
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification â€“ must have covered subject relating to personal care. Completion of the subject “assist with medication” highly desirable.
- MustÂ have your own vehicle and equipment including lawn mower, whipper snipper, gardening tools and extension ladder.
- Ability to operate a range of lawn mowing and other gardening equipment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and proven customer service orientation.
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of customers from diverse social, financial and cultural backgrounds.
- Current drivers licence (P1 or above) and motor vehicle â€“ must be registered, reliable and insured.
- Flexibility and availability between 7am-7pm Monday-Sunday.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
- Proficient in use of electronic technology including smart phones, handheld devices, email and internet.
- Current First Aid + CPR certificate.
All of our employees are entitled to a range of benefits, including:
- Immediately eligible to receive generous bonuses through our customer referral program.
- Access to salary packaging options which means you pay less tax!
- Professional development and career progression opportunities.
- A safe and healthy workplace culture which promotes diversity, integrity and mutual respect
Full position description can be found above.
This job may close early if suitable applications are received.