- Reference Number:
- Upper and Lower Hunter
- Part Time
- Closing Date:
- 28 January 2018
Be a part of our “embracing life” culture to support and empower our elderly and disabled customers to stay in their own homes
Are you looking for a clinical nursing position in a dynamic community model of Aged Care? Love what you do, but need work/life balance?
Our nurses work during core business hours!
Our nurses work collaboratively with other health professionals in the organisation to assess, monitor and evaluate through contemporary nursing practices and theories including telehealth. Our nurses not only manage customers care plans which address the goals driven consumer directed care, they also participate in community based wellness programs and the like to bring fulfilling care to our customers lives.
Your role includes
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for our home based customers.
- Providing skilled care within the organisation guidelines, Common Community Care Standards and EQuIP Quality Framework.
- Encouraging and assisting customers and families to achieve their optimal levels of functioning, independence and self-care through care planning.
- Providing timely and appropriate health education to customers and carers in an agreed manner.
- Providing advanced clinical care such as medication management, palliative care, catheter management, stoma care, wound management, diabetic management, personal care and compression management.
- Actively engaging in Health Promotion
- Advanced and current clinical knowledge, skills and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of community nursing and the principles of primary health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidenced based care.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to organise work in a systematic, timely and accurate manner.
- Basic computer skills including email and internet use and a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies in the workplace.
- Division One Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- CurrentÂ Driverâ€™s License and ability to travel between Newcastle and The Upper Hunter region
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Immunisation status.
integratedliving is a leading community services provider with an innovative and customer centric approach. We are committed to delivering exceptional health and wellbeing outcomes for our regional, rural and remote customers.
Our culture is dynamic and fast paced, we move quickly and we deliver results.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please apply ASAP!
Full position description can be found above.
This job may close early if suitable applications are received.