The Australian Government subsidises a range of aged care in Australia allowing for government funded Aged Care services for many people. If your personal circumstances allow, it is expected that you will also contribute to the cost of your care. You may find this five-steps-to-accessing-home-care-package Guide helpful.
Any fees and eligibility for subsidies will be discussed and agreed upon with your service provider before you receive the relevant services. There are several methods of funding which may be available.
1. The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), which provides entry level support for older people
- Planned respite, help with housework, personal care, meals and food preparation, transport, shopping, allied health and social support are just some of the services provided under the programme
2. The Home Care Package Programme, which provides support for people with higher level care needs that require care coordination and case management to help them live independently in their home
- More complex support at home
- Four levels of consumer directed coordinated packages of services including personal care, support services and nursing, allied health clinical services
To find out about what assistance you may be entitled to, please contact My Aged Care. Call the My Aged Care contact centre (1800 200 422) or go to www.myagedcare.gov.au.