As a lead provider in Aged Care and home cares services and support, integratedliving understands that having access to information when you need it is crucial in helping you make decisions and move forward.
Here are some helpful links to information that we encourage you to use.
For further information including AGED CARE FACT SHEETS please visit our Resources page)
Find out more about how our integratedliving’s telehealth progam can assist in helping maintain independence at home:
- What is Telehealth.
- What people who use Telehealth say
- How it works
- Your results
- Your relationship with your nurse
- Your five-steps-to-accessing-home-care-package Guide
- You have a right to be cared for and looked after with respect and care. These aren’t just words, but legislation that as an organisation we are required to follow – Charter Of Rights
- Complaints Process. Everyone strives to get it right all the time, however sometimes things seem to go awry. As a first step we encourage you to talk to us so we can help get things right. If the problem cannot be solved by talking with your Case Manager, Regional Manager or Chief Operations Officer, you can contact the state office of the Department of Health and Ageing and ask to speak to the programme manager or contact the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner (a free and independent service) on 1800 550 552.
- My Aged Care – Australian Government Department of Social Services. This is a great website for quick access to Government information in the Aged Care sector.
- Seniors Rights Services is a community legal service for older people. Find out more by visiting http://seniorsrightsservice.org.au/ Or call 1800 424 079.