Benefits of Exercise Physiology for seniors
Our Exercise Physiologists are trained to help you not just set your recovery and exercise goals, but also take all the necessary steps to ensure you reach them.
The ideal environment to support you in your physical recovery back to health, wellness and better mobility, one-on-one sessions with our experts are tailored to your specific and individual needs and goals.
There are a range of options for your individual needs, and most programs run for 10 sessions.
- Different program options to choose from.
- Supportive environment to ensure you achieve optimal results.
- Individual guidance throughout your rehabilitation or exercise program.
What activities does the program include?
Our Exercise Physiology programs can help get you back on the path to better health and mobility. Our team has a vast depth of experience across rehabilitation, recovery from chronic and other health conditions, and seniors’ general health and wellbeing. Put your recovery from injury or illness in the hands of experts who are trained to support you through these important times.
Our Exercise Physiology service includes:
- Individual guidance and support from our highly skilled Exercise Physiologists.
- Access to a tailored Home Exercise Program that runs for 10 sessions, including one initial session, eight follow-up sessions, and one final assessment.
- Session frequency is set according to your needs – weekly/fortnightly/monthly.
- Excellent options depending on your needs or program, including online, home visits, or trips to local facilities such as the pool or gym as agreed.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
- To access this service online, you will need an internet connection and a computer or tablet (call us to learn how we can provide these for you).
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Frequently Asked Questions
This service is suitable for older people who are looking for an individually tailored exercise program run under the guidance of Accredited Exercise Physiologists. The program aims to improve your physical wellbeing to stay fit and healthy.
Can the Exercise Physiology (one-on-one) program be catered to specific culturally & linguistically diverse/LGBTIQA+ community needs?
Yes, this program can be aligned with your values and preferences. Our staff will take the time to learn your individual cultural and care needs so they are always considered. You may also access interpreting services if required.
This program is delivered by our Accredited Exercise Physiologists who specialise in developing fitness and exercise programs that can help you to maintain your independence, improve strength and mobility, as well as manage chronic medical conditions.
You may be required to use a resistance band as a part of your prescribed exercises. If this is the case, you will be provided with one.
The one-on-one program is conducted online via Zoom or phone. Our team can support you to set up the technology you need to participate.
The program runs for eight weeks with a weekly coaching call to support you to reach your goals.
Our staff will assist you with any tech needs to help facilitate your participation in the sessions.
Our Accredited Exercise Physiologist will conduct an assessment with you prior to commencing the program in which they will provide recommendations on the most suitable sessions for you.
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
How to choose activities for seniors living with dementia
Finding suitable activities for a loved one who is developing or living with dementia can be a challenging task. Here are some tips to help you decide.