Our clinical and nursing services are delivered by qualified Registered and Enrolled Nurses along with experienced Assistants in Nursing and support you to manage health concerns and conditions. We work closely with you, your carer, family, GP and health professionals to ensure your health needs are met.
Nursing support delivered to you in your home provides great benefits including:
- Initial and ongoing assessment to monitor your improvements.
- Tailored and adjustable services to meet your individual needs.
- Varied support delivered by qualified staff.
Our nursing services can assist you at any stage of your care journey and include;
- Wound care
- Diabetes education and management
- Compression management
- Continence management
- Falls management
- Medication management
- Stoma therapy
- Catheter care
- Skin integrity management
- Dementia care
- Chronic disease support
- Palliative care
- Personal care
- General health and wellbeing support
- Telehealth monitoring - Equipment set-up in your home to check your vital signs and send information back to our staff to monitor.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Home Care Package, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Department of Veterans’ Affairs options.More information
You can choose to pay for our programs and services yourself if you’re not receiving government funding.More information
National Disability Insurance Scheme support for people with a disability under the age of 65 years.More information
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
Message from CEO - 10 September 2020
2020 has certainly been a year of change and uncertainty, but we're as committed as ever to provide the safe delivery of services. We wanted to take this opportunity to provide another update around our COVID-19 actions.
Message From CEO - 07 August 2020
Since Catherine’s last statement in April, there has been a lot that has happened. Following the nationwide lockdown, we enjoyed a brief respite on COVID. And whilst some are able to continue enjoying those freedoms, the situation for many others is much more serious.