In Australia, one in three adults over 65 fall each year, and these falls can have a substantial physical, emotional and financial impact on individuals and their families.
integratedliving's Falls Prevention Wellness program draws from the latest research into falls prevention. The program will provide you with an understanding of why falls occur, equip you with strategies to minimise your risk of falls and fractures, and provide you with an understanding of what to do in the event of a fall.
- Reduce your risk of falls and injury.
- Improve mobility, strength and balance.
- Maintain independence through proactive, healthy ageing.
The program includes:
- 16 weeks of interactive learning within a small and supportive group, led by a registered nurse or allied health professional.
- An iPad on loan for the duration of the program if required.
- An iHealth device to assist with activity and monitoring sleep patterns, which is yours to keep.
- A program manual which includes important resources relating to the program. This is yours to keep.
- Assistance in the initial set-up of your internet and devices.
- In-depth weekly sessions on crucial topics such as the reasons why we fall, how we can reduce our risk of falls and fractures, making the home environment safe, exercises for falls prevention and bone strength, and planning for an emergency.
- Expert and friendly clinical staff to guide you throughout the program, including ongoing technical support and assistance.
- Reflection exercises to keep you engaged and learning throughout the program.
- A wonderfully supportive atmosphere with social interaction and important learning for 16 weeks.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
How can I access this service?
You can access this service in several ways, depending on your needs and individual situation.
You can attend one of our Wellness or Activity Centres to take part in this service.Join us at one of our Wellness or Activity Centres for this service.
A team member can help take you from A to B in your local community.Learn more about services in your community
We can deliver this service to you over a video call on a computer or tablet.Learn more about our virtual services
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Home Care Package and Commonwealth Home Support Program options.More information
You can choose to pay for our programs and services if you are not receiving funding.
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
Six Strategies for Building a Strong Heart at Any Age
Learn the signs and strategies for a strong heart, a balanced heart, and the heart care needed for both.