- Getting Started
Are you beginning the aged care journey?
We understand that getting started on your aged care journey can be daunting. We are here with you through every step of the process to make it as easy as possible.
Australian Government department My Aged Care (MAC) provides financial support to assist people to receive aged care services. To receive Government support you need to have an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) member assess your needs.
integratedliving can assist with your referral to My Aged Care to receive an ACAT assessment.
What to do now:
Call us on 1300 782 896
We will discuss your needs, guide you through the aged care process and explain our services. We will also connect you to My Aged Care (MAC) and support you through their assessment process.
My Aged Care will organise an assessmentThe assessment will be either over-the-phone or in-home. The person who comes to visit might be referred to as a RAS Assessor (Regional Assessment Service) or an ACAT Assessor (Aged Care Assessment Team).
Determine the level of care you need
The aim of the assessment is to learn more about your individual needs and determine the appropriate level of funding you require.
You may be eligible for Department of Veterans' Affairs Home Care Program which can assist you to continue living in your home. Find out more here.
Are you aged under 65, living in the Grampians area of Victoria and not receiving NDIS funding? You may be eligible for the Home and Community Care program for Younger People (HACC PYP). Find out more here.
I’ve had my assessment, what happens next?Continue
I’ve had my assessment, what happens next?
The funding support you are assigned is based on the outcome of your ACAT assessment by My Aged Care.
There are two different funding options that you may be assigned to:
The aim of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme is to provide funding support to older people who need basic assistance to stay living independently in their home.
If you receive services as part of Commonwealth Home Support Programme you are expected to contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford to.
Read more about Commonwealth Home Support Programme here
There are four levels of Home Care Packages to help meet different levels of care needs, from basic assistance through to high needs.
- Level 1: basic care needs
- Level 2: low-level care needs
- Level 3: intermediate care needs
- Level 4: high-level care needs
To receive services as part of a home care package, the Australian Government subsidy covers part of the cost and you pay a small contribution to cover the balance.
Read more about the Home Care Packages here
I’ve been assigned funding, what are the next steps?Continue
I’ve been assigned funding, what happens next?
Once you have had an ACAT assessment, My Aged Care will provide you with a formal letter notifying you of what funding level you have been assigned to. We have outlined the simple steps below on how to get integratedliving services started.
The next steps
- integratedliving will call you to discuss what services you would like, or you can phone us on 1300 782 896. We can organise to get your services started over the phone or we may be able to arrange a time to have a staff member come to meet with you depending on your location
- Our staff will let you know when your service will commence and then you’re on your way to living, feeling and being well.
- The letter you receive from My Aged Care may suggest the type of services that would benefit you the most and the level of Home Care Package you have been approved for
- You will then be placed in a national queue. integratedliving may be able to provide interim services to you until you reach the front of the queue so please phone us if you need to during this time
- You will receive another letter from My Aged Care when you have reached the front of the queue. Once you have received this letter please phone integratedliving and we will assign a Case Manager who will meet with you to develop your personalised Care Plan
- We will then get your tailored services started as quickly as possible.
I have funding and I want find out about integratedliving’s servicesContinue
I have funding and I want to find out about services
Are you beginning the disability care journey?
To begin accessing NDIS services with integratedliving you must first have an approved NDIS Plan.
To begin this journey please refer to the NDIS Website for steps on how to start.
I have a NDIS Plan and I want to find out about services?Continue
2. I have a NDIS Plan and want to find out about services?
Once you have your approved NDIS plan, please give integratedliving a call and speak with our Disability Supports Team on 1300 782 896.
Our friendly team can help you develop a plan to meet your needs and discuss with you how to get the most out of your plan with the services we provide in your area.View services