Skip to content

Government Funding

Funding support from the Australian Government to assist you with services to stay living well and independently.

The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)

The aim of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme is to provide funding support to older people who need basic assistance to stay living independently in their home.

If receiving services as part of Commonwealth Home Support Programme you are expected to contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford to.

Read more about the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.

Home Care Packages (HCP)

There are four levels of Home Care Packages to help meet different levels of care needs. Home Care Packages offer a wide range of funding support to support basic assistance through to high needs.

  • Level 1: basic care needs
  • Level 2: low-level care needs
  • Level 3: intermediate care needs
  • Level 4: high-level care needs

To receive services as part of a home care package, the Australian Government subsidy covers part of the cost and you pay a small contribution to cover the balance.

The Australian Government pays a different subsidy amount for each level of Home Care Package.

Read more about Home Care Packages.

Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)

Department of Veterans Affairs provides in-home nursing with a focus on assisting you to continue living independently by supporting your health, wellbeing and community connection.

Community nursing provides clinical nursing and/or personal care services in your home delivered by registered nurses, enrolled nurses and support staff.

If you are a Gold Card or White Card holder with low-level care needs, DVA’s Veterans' Home Care (VHC) Program can assist you to continue living in your home.

Read more about DVA Funding.

Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)

The Home and Community Care Program for Younger People provides assistance to those aged under 65 years of age in the Grampians area of Victoria, where there is additional support required to remain living independently.

This program and its services are offered to younger people with moderate, severe or profound disabilities and their unpaid carers.

The main types of HACC PYP services are:

  • Nursing
  • Allied health services (podiatry).

Read more about the HACC PYP program.

Do you need help understanding aged care funding?