Skip to content

Department of Veterans’ Affairs

Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) provides a variety of in home and community support programmes focused on assisting you to continue living independently by supporting your health, wellbeing and community connection.

Who is this package for?

DVA clients who have a Gold Card or White Card are eligible to apply for a Veterans' Home Care (DVC) Program.

DVA clients who have eligibility under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA) and partners or dependants who have eligibility under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA) are eligible to be assessed for all Veterans’ Home Care Services. 

What services can I get?

The Veterans’ Home Care services that are available are: 

    • Community nursing provides clinical nursing and/or personal care services in your home delivered by registered nurses, enrolled nurses and support staff. 

DVA funding may also be able to assist you with carer support, medication management, respite care and mental health services

Would you like to know more? 

In most cases, to be eligible to receive community nursing services for an assessed clinical and/or personal care need, an entitled person must hold either a Gold Card or a White Card.  
Please contact the Department of Veteran Affairs or integratedliving to confirm your eligibility. 
To apply for a VHC Program you can call the VHC Assessment Agency on 1300 550 450. You will then complete an assessment with a VHC Assessor. The aim of the assessment is to learn more about your individual needs and determine the appropriate level of care you require.  Following the assessment, you will be able to elect integratedliving as your preferred provider.

The support you need

Your needs are different to others and we understand that. Get started now or call us to chat about how we can help you stay living, feeling and being well.