Occupational therapy helps you to maintain or regain your independence with your day-to-day activities. We can show you how small changes can keep you living life to the fullest.
Our Occupational Therapists can help identify your strengths and difficulties and work out practical solutions to keep you doing the things you love such as getting out and about in your community. Occupational Therapy can also help you stay mobile and help manage things you need to do every day such as personal care and tasks around the house.
- Qualified support tailored to your needs.
- Ongoing strategies to maintain or regain independence.
- Support you to do the things you want and need to do.
Our Occupational Therapists provide a range of services and monitor your needs to keep you enjoying life.
Our services can include:
- Seating prescription – Assessments to determine your wheelchair and seating prescriptions.
- Home modifications – We can review your home and organise modifications to reduce falls risks and other hazards.
- Products to increase independence – We have a range of items which can assist with tasks such as opening jars, reaching for items, reading small text and many other daily activities.
- Keeping you comfortable – Support to manage fatigue, deteriorating vision and effects of chronic illness.
- Falls prevention - We can make recommendations for non-slip products, correct lighting, and provide strategies on how to reduce trip hazards like cords and clutter.
- Manual handling - Tips for carers on how to prevent injuries associated with manual tasks such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Occupational Therapy is only available as part of Home Care Package Funding.More information
You can choose to pay for our programs and services yourself.More information
National Disability Insurance Scheme support for people living with a disability.More information
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
Message From CEO - 07 August 2020
Since Catherine’s last statement in April, there has been a lot that has happened. Following the nationwide lockdown, we enjoyed a brief respite on COVID. And whilst some are able to continue enjoying those freedoms, the situation for many others is much more serious.
Ballina Wellness Centre Reopens
Since attending the centre 18 months ago, Brian and Julie had maintained their ritual of attending the Wellness Centre 2-3 times per week before COVID-19. With the centre reopening on 20 July, they can once again return to their fitness routine.