Improve your independence and mobility with our Occupational Therapy services for seniors
integratedliving’s qualified Occupational Therapists will work with you to identify your strengths and challenges to develop practical solutions that will keep you doing the things you love to improve your wellbeing.
Whether at-home or in the community, occupational therapy can empower you with the confidence to maintain your independence and mobility so you can continue getting out and about and manage everyday tasks around the house.
- We will work with you to tailor a unique strategy that will suit your needs.
- Receive ongoing support to refine and ensure the program is working for you.
- We take the stress away by assisting you to organise all the different services that you’ll need.
Services provided by our accredited Occupational Therapists
Our Occupational Therapists provide a range of services and monitor your needs to keep you enjoying life, including;
- Seating prescription – Assessments to determine your wheelchair and seating prescriptions.
- Home modifications – We can review your home and organise modifications to reduce falls risks and other hazards.
- Products to increase independence – We have a range of items which can assist with tasks such as opening jars, reaching for items, reading small text and many other daily activities.
- Keeping you comfortable – Support to manage fatigue, deteriorating vision and effects of chronic illness.
- Falls prevention - We can make recommendations for non-slip products, correct lighting, and provide strategies on how to reduce trip hazards like cords and clutter.
- Manual handling - Tips for carers on how to prevent injuries associated with manual tasks such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
How can I access this service?
You can access this service in several ways, depending on your needs and individual situation.
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Occupational Therapy is only available as part of Home Care Package Funding.More information
You can choose to pay for our programs and services yourself if you’re not receiving government funding.
Frequently Asked Questions
This service is designed for seniors who are keen to implement practical solutions so they may continue living their life to the fullest within their community, prevent falls, and maintain their independence and mobility.
Can the Occupational Therapy service be catered to specific culturally & linguistically diverse/LGBTIQA+ community needs?
Yes, this service can be aligned with your values and preferences. Our Occupational Therapists will take the time to learn your individual cultural and care needs so they are always considered when making their recommendations. They will also encourage you to set meaningful goals and help you to achieve them. You may also have your preferred support person included during the consultations or access interpreting services if required.
This service is delivered by Registered Occupational Therapists who are trained to identify and implement methods to support older people in their pursuit and participation in everyday activities.
Our Occupational Therapists will assess your home environment and may recommend home modifications if appropriate. We will try and find the most cost effective options for you based on our assessment of your health conditions to ensure you are able to continue living safely and independently.
Yes – if you have been assessed by an Occupatioal Therapist as part of a Home Care Package or Short Term Restorative Care program, we can work with your case manager or Senior Health Coach to get quotes from registered home-modification contractors, make recommendations, oversee installation and conduct an assessment after the work is complete.
Can integratedliving assist with purchasing assistive equipment (e.g. mobility scooter, adjustable bed, electric recliners) for me?
An initial assessment will be conducted to determine your health condition and, if required, we can work with your case manager to get quotes from registered providers, make recommendations and purchase equipment for you.
Will integratedliving provide assessment for equipment that I have already purchased to be reimbursed with my Home Care Package (HCP)?
It is our preference that you have an Occupational Therapy assessment first to avoid purchasing equipment not suited to your needs. We cannot guarantee that you will be reimbursed as some equipment may be assessed as unsafe or not appropriate for you.
I'm currently receiving a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), can you still purchase equipment for me?
The CHSP funding covers the cost of assessment and cannot pay for equipment or modifications. We may be able to support you to purchase subsidised equipment using other funding, however you may have to contribute privately to fill the gap for the fees. Please contact us on 1300 782 896 if you would like to learn more.
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
Christmas Trivia for All Ages to Enjoy
Trivia is one of those Christmas activities for friends and family to enjoy together. Try these questions out as a quiz for seniors and juniors, and keep those brain cells ticking over.