Our ‘Let’s Have a Conversation’ sessions will help you to feel part of a community and give you a sense of belonging and purpose, which is key to maintaining your confidence and ensuring a positive attitude.
In our Wellness Centres, these sessions explore important health and wellbeing topics, while online we stay focused on ensuring you get the social connection we all need to thrive.
Be surprised and delighted by what you discover in these sessions, and how easily our team helps everyone to participate.
- Encourage social connections and new friendships.
- Promote positivity and improve feelings about ageing.
- Improve communication skills and cognitive function.
What's included in these sessions?
Come along to one of our Wellness Centres or join online from home, using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Our virtual program means there’s no physical barrier to being part of these sessions. They are perfect for people in regional, rural or remote areas and those with mobility issues.
Let’s Have a Conversation sessions are facilitated by our professional and friendly team to ensure everyone is included, engaged and enjoying themselves. All health and wellbeing advice provided in these sessions is delivered by professionals.
Examples of our virtual session topics include:
- Armchair travel: Let yourself daydream and imagine what it would physically feel like to be there.
- How it’s made: Explore behind the scenes of how everyday items are made.
- TED Talks: Learn new and engaging topics that cover a range of carefully chosen topics and interests.
- Food for thought: All things recipes, tips, tricks, and other helpful food-related knowledge.
- Perception and cognition: Unique discussions based around educational YouTube videos focused on psychology or other fascinating science topics.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
- To access this service online, you will need an internet connection and a computer or tablet (call us to learn how we can provide these for you).
How can I access this service?
You can access this service in several ways, depending on your needs and individual situation.
You can attend one of our Wellness or Activity Centres to take part in this service.Join us at one of our Wellness or Activity Centres for this service.
We can deliver this service to you over a video call on a computer or tablet.Learn more about our virtual services
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Home Care Package and Commonwealth Home Support Program options.More information
You can choose to pay for our programs and services yourself if you're not receiving government funding.More information
Frequently Asked Questions
These sessions are suitable for older people who are keen to increase their social connections, meet new friends and learn new things.
Can the Let's Have a Conversation sessions be catered to specific culturally & linguistically diverse/LGBTIQA+ community needs?
Yes, these sessions can be aligned with your values and preferences. Our staff will take the time to learn your individual cultural and care needs so they are always considered. You may also access interpreting services if required.
Our friendly Wellness Centre Coordinators or Digital Support Officers, as well as Guest Speakers at times.
You will need access to Zoom on either a computer, tablet or mobile device. If you do not have access to any of these, please reach out to us to discuss your tech options.
These sessions are conducted online via Zoom in a group setting and are also available in-centre.
Our staff will assist you with any tech needs to help facilitate your participation in the sessions.
All sessions run for 60 minutes each.
Yes, our sessions are inclusive for all. Our staff will be able to assist you in offering options if you require any additional support to join.
More resources to help you
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
What is a Case Manager, and How Can Case Management Help you through Your Aged-Care and Health Journey?
What does a case manager do and how can they help you through your aged-care journey? We explain the skills, tasks and benefits of a case manager.Continue reading