This is a great recipe because you can quickly prep and then leave the oven to do the rest of the work. It is very simple and full of healthy fats and protein from the salmon. Change up the flavours to your liking by using different fresh herbs.
Click here to download the Oven Baked Salmon and Vegetables recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 x salmon fillets
- 1 large bunch broccolini
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 4 large washed potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place cut potatoes (with skin on) onto tray, spray with a little olive oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add salmon, cherry tomatoes, broccolini and a couple wedges of lemon to another tray and place back in the oven for 15 minutes (or until fish is cooked to liking).
- Trim the ends of the broccolini and place onto the second baking tray. Spray with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven and cook everything for a final 10 minutes.
- Remove both trays from the oven and serve all ingredients onto 4 plates.
- Serve with some fresh lemon wedges.
- Recipe works well with other vegetables such as zucchini, squash, carrot, pumpkin etc.
- Change the flavours by adding fresh herbs in the last 10 minutes of cooking; for example, rosemary, dill or basil.
- Cooking times for salmon may vary depending on thickness.
- Prepare a few extra serves of vegetables and a spare salmon fillet to have a portion left for lunch or dinner the next day.
See more healthy recipe ideas below
More articles to read next
Christmas Trivia for All Ages to Enjoy
Trivia is one of those Christmas activities for friends and family to enjoy together. Try these questions out as a quiz for seniors and juniors, and keep those brain cells ticking over.