Memory Wellness is based on the latest research into brain and memory health and has proven to enhance the health of your brain. A significant benefit for Memory Wellness clients is the reduced wait time between recognising the signs of dementia to the time of diagnosis. This helps people get on the road to better brain health sooner.
While everyone will experience different benefits from the program, you can expect to;
- Improve your memory and reduce anxiety and stress.
- Recognise and combat the signs of dementia earlier.
- Group classes to meet like minded people.
About the program
As a Memory Wellness participant you will receive an assessment of your current brain health and memory. This assessment means our Registered Nurses can tailor the Memory Wellness Program to your specific needs.
As a result of COVID-19, our Wellness programs have been moved to a virtual setting meaning you can access it from wherever you live. Delivered once a week via a Zoom video call, you’ll be able to speak openly about your concerns and even socialise with new friends, all from the comfort and safety of your own home. One of our Wellness Facilitators can even help you get set up if you’ve never used video calling before and all you need is internet connection.
As part of the program you will receive an iPad for the duration of the course and enjoy learning how to use many great features on the device including;
- Brain training activities like quizzes and puzzles
- Taking photos and sharing those with others
- Researching your interests and hobbies on the internet
- Using Facebook and other programs to connect with loved ones.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
Accessing aged care in Australia – where do I start?
Watch this digital forum to get a step-by-step guide for accessing age care services in Australia and learn some of the services that are available for your loved ones.