Memory Wellness is based on the latest research into brain and memory health and has proven to enhance the health of your brain. A significant benefit for Memory Wellness clients is the reduced wait time between recognising the signs of dementia to the time of diagnosis. This helps people get on the road to better brain health sooner.
While everyone will experience different benefits from the program, you can expect to;
- Improve your memory and reduce anxiety and stress.
- Recognise and combat the signs of dementia earlier.
- Group classes to meet like minded people.
About the program
As a Memory Wellness participant you will receive an assessment of your current brain health and memory. This assessment means our Registered Nurses can tailor the Memory Wellness Program to your specific needs.
You will also take part in Memory Wellness group classes once a week in a face-to-face group session across a period of 16 weeks. During this time Registered Nurses will monitor your progress, make any adjustments to your customised program and help celebrate your achievements.
As part of the program you will receive an iPad for the duration of the course and enjoy learning how to use many great features on the device including;
- Brain training activities like quizzes and puzzles
- Taking photos and sharing those with others
- Researching your interests and hobbies on the internet
- Using Facebook and other programs to connect with loved ones.
- You need to be aged over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
- Some services may be available to people aged under 65.
How can I pay?
There are several ways to access our services and programs, including the funding options outlined below.
Find more aged care services
You can choose which services you want and we’ll make a package tailored for you.
The Live Well Blog
Message From CEO - 07 August 2020
Since Catherine’s last statement in April, there has been a lot that has happened. Following the nationwide lockdown, we enjoyed a brief respite on COVID. And whilst some are able to continue enjoying those freedoms, the situation for many others is much more serious.
Ballina Wellness Centre Reopens
Since attending the centre 18 months ago, Brian and Julie had maintained their ritual of attending the Wellness Centre 2-3 times per week before COVID-19. With the centre reopening on 20 July, they can once again return to their fitness routine.