Our response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are all very concerned about the escalating global pandemic of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As an organisation, integratedliving believe it is our fundamental social responsibility to reassure clients, families, volunteers and staff, that we are following best practice Public Health guidelines.
We have implemented a number of measures in line with advice from the Department of Health, including self-isolation for those who have recently returned from high risk countries, or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Measures include, but are not limited to:
- Additional training for staff on infection control including handwashing and cough etiquette
- Regular communications to staff regarding the virus, giving them the latest information for themselves and clients
- Monitoring travel. We have requested clients, volunteers and staff to notify us of any international travel plans and we will continue to monitor this.
- Asking clients, volunteers or team members who have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, to follow Department of Health advice for Novel Coronavirus and self-isolate for 14 days
- Distribution of posters and flyers on how to prevent the spread of germs to all offices, Wellness and Activity Centres
- A letter and flyer have been sent to all clients containing useful tips and advice.
integratedliving is constantly evaluating this evolving situation and monitoring any potential implications to our services and will try to mitigate via alternative plans where necessary.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.
For the latest status and resources available on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the Australian Government Department of Health for guidance.
If you do not have access to their website, you can call the Department’s special Coronavirus helpline on 1800 020 080.
More articles to read next
Novel Coronavirus Update 19 March 2020
integratedliving believe it is our fundamental social responsibility to reassure clients, families, volunteers and staff, that we are following best practice Public Health guidelines.