What is a Home Care Package (HCP)?
A Home Care Package is an aged care subsidy program funded by the Australian government to enable you to access the services you need to live independently. It is designed for those with more complex care needs that go beyond what the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) can provide.
Levels of support
There are four Home Care Package levels to help meet different levels of care needs:
What services can I receive?
The services you may access under your Home Care Package includes, but are not limited to:
- In-home nursing and allied health services (e.g. wound care, medication management, podiatry, physiotherapy)
- Health services (e.g. diet and nutrition, dementia care, telehealth)
- Personal care services (e.g. toileting, showering, grooming)
- Help at home (e.g. gardening, cleaning, meal delivery)
- Social support (e.g. social outings, home visits, transport)
- Wellness programs (e.g. learn how to manage conditions associated with diabetes, learning how to manage symptoms of dementia)
Why choose us?
Am I eligible?
To determine your eligibility for a Home Care Package, you will need to be assessed by the Regional Assessment Services Team (RAS) or the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). You can ring us at 1300 782 896 and our friendly staff will be happy to guide you through the process.
If you think you need a low level of support, you may not need a Home Care Package and may be more suitable for the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Click to learn more.
Please note, Department of Veteran’s Affairs funding is available for Nursing care only.
How much will it cost me?
Depending on your financial situation, you may be required to contribute to the cost of your care and your contribution is made up for three types of fees:
- Basic daily fee – calculated daily and payable from the day your care starts with us to the day your care ends.
- Income-tested care fee – whether you pay this and how much do you pay is determined by completing an income and means assessment. Find out more here.
- Additional fees – any other amount you have agreed to pay for extra care and services that would not otherwise be covered by your Home Care Package.
Switching to integratedliving is easy. Get the care you need from one of the leading providers of health and aged care services across regional, rural and remote Australia. Call 1300 782 896.