Skip to content

What happens after I have an assessment?

Written by Mark Acheson, Communications Partner with integratedliving

No matter the program, package or scheme, we will be able to guide you through the next steps once your assessment has been made.  

Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) 

integratedliving will call you to discuss what services you would like, or you can phone us on 1300 782 896. We can organise to get your services started over the phone or, depending on your location, we may be able to arrange a time to have a staff member come and meet with you. 

Our friendly staff will let you know when your service will commence and then you’re on your way to living, feeling and being well.  

Home Care Package (HCP) 

The letter you receive from My Aged Care may suggest the type of services that would benefit you the most and the Home Care Package level you have been approved for.  

You will then be placed in a national queue. integratedliving may be able to provide interim services until you reach the front of the queue, so please phone us if you need support during this time.  

You will receive another letter from My Aged Care when you have reached the front of the queue. Once you have received this letter please phone integratedliving and we will assign a Case Manager to you, who will meet with you to develop your personalised Care Plan. We will then get your tailored services started as quickly as possible. 

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) 

If you are approved to access NDIS you will be invited to a planning meeting with a NDIA coordinator. With your coordinator you will determine your goals to create a personalised plan on how your funding can best support these.  

The NDIA will provide you with an NDIS plan where you can choose too either self-manage your funding or appoint a service provider such as integratedliving to help 

Our friendly team can help you develop a plan to meet your needs and discuss with you how to get the most out of your plan with the services we provide in your area. 

Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) 

Once a VHC care plan has been developed outlining the services you have been approved for, integratedliving can assist you in reviewing your VHC care plan and implementing your services. You can find more information on the "Help so you can stay at home page" on the DVA website. 

If you have a Veteran Gold or White Card you may also be eligible for Community Nursing. 

You will need to get a referral to Community Nursing services from a: 

  • general practitioner (GP) 
  • nurse practitioner specialising in Community Nursing 
  • treating doctor in hospital 
  • hospital discharge planner; or 
  • Veterans’ Home Care (VHC) Assessment Agency 

Once integratedliving receives your referral, a registered nurse will assess your clinical needs. 

The nurse will: 

  • contact DVA to confirm that you are eligible for services 
  • assess your need for clinical nursing and personal care services; and 
  • prepare and provide you with a copy of a written Community Nursing care plan, which is tailored to your needs 

You can find more information on Community Nursing on the DVA website - Community Nursing. 

Join us at one of our integratedliving Healthier at Home virtual forums and we can show you where to start accessing aged care services, empowering you to live, feel and be well as you age. 

Free registration here